Edible skulls (liquorice chocolate muffins)
- Melt the butter and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder together.
- Add 125g of liquorice to the chocolate, leaving 30g of chocolate aside, add the liquorice and chocolate to the flour mix.
- Mix the egg, buttermilk and chilled butter, stir briefly into the flour mixture.
- Place cupcake cases into tray and fill with mixture.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 ° C for 25-30 minutes.
- Leave to cool on a cake rack.
- Mix icing sugar with a little water.
- Cut liquorice for the eyes, cut into ovals or circles and set aside.
- Spread the muffins thickly with the icing sugar and add 2 liquorice each as your eyes. Let dry.
- Melt chocolate over a hot water bowl or pot. Put in a freezer bag and cut off a small corner. Add noseholes and a skull-head-mouth.
- Allow to dry and serve.