Whiskey Marmalade Muffins
Preparation time: 15 Min.
- Prepare muffin tins with liners or grease. Preheat oven to 200 degree celsius
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl. Then add the salt and almost all of the sugar. Then add the marmalade
- In a separate bowl beat egg with a fork then stir in the milk followed by the oil
- Pour all of the liquid ingredients into the dry mixture. Stir until just combined, scraping side and bottom of the bowl as you stir. This mixing should take only about 30 seconds. The batter will be lumpy but no dry flour should be visible. Do not over stir
- Fill the muffin cups ¾ full. Scatter the remaining sugar over the top. This will form a lovely crunchy crust. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until tops are lightly browned and spring back when pressed gently. Allow muffins to cool for several minutes to make removal easier. Best served warm