1. Cook beetroot in boiling water for 20 minutes or until tender. Peel and quarter when cool enough to handle, then set aside, alternatively use pre-cooked and packed beetroots.
2. Gently press each pomegranate half over a juicer to extract juice and loosen seeds. Place the juice in a bowl, then using a teaspoon, remove the seeds and add to the bowl.
3. Place oil, vinegar, mustard and 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice in a bowl. Season with ½ tsp pepper and a sprinkle of salt, then set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 190°C. Heat an ovenproof non-stick frying pan on medium-low heat.
5. Place duck and cook for 6-8 minutes, skin-side down, until most of the fat has rendered and skin is crisp. Turn, cook for 30 seconds, then transfer pan to oven and cook for a further 5 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest.
6. In the same pan, gently toss nuts in a pan over a medium heat until sizzling to release oils and then remove from heat.
7. Place beets, beans, leaves, and cheese in a bowl. Toss gently with 3 tablespoons dressing. Pile onto plates. Thinly slice duck and add to salad. Drizzle with remaining dressing and 1tsp of squeezed orange juice and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds to serve with a garnish of sliced orange.