Soak cashew nuts overnight
Cooks notes: vegan twist on the class American style burger.
Equipment: frying pan, air fryer
1. Soak the cashews overnight by placing in a small bowl along with 125ml water.
2. Turn on the air fryer on. Allow to heat up. Add the sweet potato fries and cook until golden and crispy.
3. Blend the cashews along with the cornichons and garlic in a blender until smooth.
4. Heat a tablespoon of oil and olive oil spread in a non stick pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 6-8 minutes until softened. Remove from the pan and set aside. Keep warm. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan and add the burgers. Fry for 3 minutes each side until golden and cooked through.
5. Combine the ketchup, mustard and vinegar in a small bowl.
6. To assemble spread the ketchup mustard mix onto the base of the bun. Add the lettuce, burger, tomato slices then top with the onions and cashew cream, followed by the burger top.
7. Serve with sweet potato fries.
Lidl’s Secret Vegan Burger Sauce:
For the burger sauce:
2 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp american mustard