Ultimate Pastrami Sandwich
Preparation time: 25 Min.
- Mix half the cider vinegar and half the Kilderg Honey together. In a large bowl add the shredded cabbage and pour on the vinegar/honey mixture, toss well and allow to stand for 20-30 minutes, the cabbage will wilt.
- Bake the waffle fried potatoes as per package instructions.
- Drain the cabbage well and in the same bowl combine the remaining vinegar, honey, salt and pepper, pour over the cabbage and toss well.
- Cut the Cobs in half, place on a baking tray and toast under the grill, butter with the Dairy Manor Irish Creamery Butter.
- Meanwhile take a baking tray and divide the Deluxe Irish Pastrami into four piles, top with the Rathdaragh Irish Vintage Cheese. Bake at 220C for 2-3 minutes until the cheese has melted. Place the wilted cabbage on the toasted cobs add the pastrami piles, layer with tomatoes, waffle fries and more cabbage and top with the other half of the cob. Serve extra waffle fries on the side.
Cooks Tips! Toast the cob when you are heating the pastrami, be very careful not to allow the bread to burn the oven is very hot. Fresh Lettuce or Rocket could be used in place of cabbage if you don’t have time to make the coleslaw.