1. Chop dates into 4 pieces and mix with 2 tablespoons of flour.
2. Stir butter, sugar, cinnamon and salt until creamy. Add eggs one at a time then stir in quark, followed by the dates.
3. Mix remaining flour with baking powder and knead briefly.
4. Divide the dough into 8 portions on a small amount of flour and make into small loaves (about 10 x 5 cm), but do not knead too hard.
5. Evenly place out loaves on a tray coated lined with baking paper.
6. Cut the remaining dates in half. Brush the bread loaves thinly with milk.
7. To decorate, place half a date on each loaf, lightly press into the dough.
8. Bake date bread in preheated oven at 180 ° C for about 35 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Tip: If you'd like to give as a gift this Easter, simply wrap the loaves with baking paper and decorate with ribbon.
Additional requirements: Baking Paper