Steak Salad with French Beans, Red Onions and Mustard Dressing
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the beans vigorously for 3 minutes then refresh in iced water to keep their colour.
- Season your steaks then heat the oil in a pan until gently smoking.
- Cook your steaks for 4 minutes on each side, this is for a nice pink finish, then allow to rest for a little while in a warm oven.
- Meanwhile put the sliced onions into a sieve then pour a 1/2 kettle of boiling water over them, this will soften them just enough.
- Add your mustard , garlic, salt and pepper to the cream, drain the French beans really well, then mix the mustard cream together with the onions and beans.
- Transfer to a platter and slice the steak thinly on top.