Pear and Hazelnut Sprinkles with Cranberries
- Mix cranberries with the lime juice and leave to soak for at least 1 hour.
- Melt the butter and allow to cool.
- Very finely chop 50g of hazelnuts, leaving a small amount to the side. Peel, deseed and quarter the pears.
- Add 1 tsp of cinnamon and coriander to the cranberries.
- Blend sugar, ground nuts, flour, baking powder and cinnamon together and beat in the egg and cooled butter.
- Place a thin layer of pastry on the base and around the edges of a greased proof baking tray.
- Add the pear mixture.
- Do not roll out the remaining pastry, sprinkle on top of the pears
- Pre-heat the oven at 200°C and bake for roughly 50 minutes.
- Cover the surface with tinfoil to prevent the pastry burning.
- Allow to cool before removing from the baking tray.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.