Exotic trail mix clusters
These fruity trail mix clusters are perfect for those days when you need a sweet treat to lift your spirits. Packed with dried fruit, seeds and our multigrain hoops, they’re finished off with a coating of silky white chocolate.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Combine the pineapple, mango, seeds and hoops in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Place a frying pan over a medium-low heat and add the sugar to melt. Don’t be tempted to stir the sugar, simply tilt the pan from side to side to help it melt evenly.
- Once melted, quickly tip the cereal mix into the melted sugar along with 1tsp water and quickly stir to coat – don’t let the sugar brown.
- Tip the coated cereal mix out onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out slightly and allow to cool completely. Once cool, break it up into small bite-size pieces.
Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Carefully dip the base of each cluster into the chocolate and return to the tray. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.