Lemon and Almond Biscuits
- Grate and juice the lemon.
- Separate the eggs, whisk the egg whites until they form a peak, gradually adding in the icing sugar.
- Add in the lemon juice and lemon peel.
- Knead in the ground almonds until the mixture becomes stiff.
- Allow to sit for 1 hour.
- Roll out the pastry and divide into strips ¾cm thick and shape into half moons (about 6cm).
- Place on a baking tray covered with baking paper and lightly bake in a pre-heated oven at 150°C for about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Bind the remaining icing sugar to the lemon juice until it becomes a pouring consistency, pour over the biscuits.
- Allow to set.