Italian Style Ragu of Lamb with Rosemary Gnocchi
A slow cooked lamb stew with lots of melting onions served with buttery Italian dumplings and lashings of Parmesan, this is a deeply satisfying dish that has all the hallmarks of perfect Italian comfort food!
- Preheat your oven to 160˚c.
- Turn the lamb over in the flour, season & shake off the excess.
- Heat the olive oil in an oven proof pot over a medium high heat. When hot, carefully add the lamb and the onions and cook on the hob for 15 - 20 minutes, turning occasionally to make sure everything caramelises evenly.
- Add the garlic after 15 minutes or so , then add the balsamic vinegar , water and the stock cube. Bring to a simmer, cover & put in the oven for 1 hour.
- Cook the gnocchi according to packet instructions. Warm some butter in a large frying over a medium heat & add the herbs. Drain the gnocchi & add to the warmed butter.
- Season & serve with the lamb ragu on top. Finish each portion with lots of grated parmesan.