Grilled Pork Loin Steak with Caramelised Balsamic Onions and Tomato Chutney
- To caramelise the onions, fry them on a low heat for 10 minutes in 3 tablespoons of olive oil with salt and pepper.
- Add a tablespoon of sugar and 6 tablespoons of balsamic. Cook for a further 10 minutes until the onions are sweet and sticky.
- For the Chutney:
- Blitz tomatoes in a blender until smooth, then place in a pot and add 2 teaspoons of paprika, 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and 5 tablespoons of sugar. Cook for 20 minutes until the chutney is reduced.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper and rub over with some olive oil. cook the pork in a hot pan for 4 minutes on each side.
- To assemble the dish, place the onion and chutney on the plate. Slice the pork into strips and place them on top of rocket leaves and finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
Chef’s Tip: Store the tomato chutney in the fridge and it can be kept for a month.