Gingered Beef, Carrot and Spinach Casserole
- Set your oven to 160 deg.
- Put your steak in a bowl, add the flour, season and turn everything together.
- Chop your carrots into smallish chunks.
- Heat the oil in a casserole until gently smoking and carefully add the meat to the pot.
- Brown the meat for 5 minutes over a high heat and add the carrots, ginger, sultanas, water stockpot and thyme.
- Stir everything together and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and put in the oven for 1 hour 45 minutes until the meat is tender.
- Remove and when you're ready to serve , fold in the spinach and allow it to cook for a minute then season and dish up.
NB ... Boiled potatoes , mash, or even rice would be lovely with this dish.