Fiona’s Fig & Oatmeal Cookies
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the oats, then set aside.
- In a mixer, beat together the butter and brown sugar until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla and stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Stir the dried figs into the batter, then chill the dough for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F / 190°C / gas mark 5.
- Line a couple of trays with greaseproof paper.
- Scoop tablespoon sized portions of the dough and place onto the lined tray spacing them about 4cm apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned.
- Cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling