Black Pudding and Apple Stuffed Pork Fillet with Sliced Potatoes
Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5.
- For the sliced potatoes, lightly grease a large baking dish with butter. Add a layer of potato slices, then a layer of sliced onion, a sprinkling of chopped rosemary and some salt and pepper & repeat. Top with the stock. Place the potatoes in the oven and bake for an hour, or until golden & tender.
- Split the pork fillet lengthwise, cutting almost, but not quite, the entire way through. Open the fillet out. Cover with cling film and bash with a rolling pin to flatten. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Mix the black pudding together with the apple sauce, then fill the pork with the black pudding & apple sauce mix, folding the meat back over to enclose.
- Lay the rashers on a chopping board, overlapping slightly. Place the stuffed pork on top and roll up in the rashers, securing with a few cocktail sticks. Place, seam side down, in a large roasting tin and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Roast the pork in the oven for the final 50 minutes of the potatoes’ cooking time or until cooked throughout then serve with the potatoes.